Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My recent banner work

Senior Destinations Website:


My first attempt at the banner; I went for the common banner-making technique of including a famous individual along with the related site information.


For this banner, I modified my formula slightly -- I went with a larger quantity of individuals, along with a lower ratio of site information to individuals area on the banner. This makes for a more attention-grabbing lead to any great website.


My somewhat actually serious entry into the banner-making competition, this banner includes images slightly more related to the overall website purpose, at the cost of viewer interest. I abandoned my pursuit of perfection when I was presented with Renjie's quality design, which immediately demoralized me due to the utter impossibility of equaling such an artistic masterpiece (seen here).

Novice Starleague:

This banner was created for an event organized by a teamliquid.net member; he had a spot at the top of his post detailing his tournament with text reading "Please insert banner here..." and I felt compelled to fill in this empty space. The thread, including my banner, is located here. If anyone has any good ideas for banner contents, I've been asked to make banners for "Qualifier Rounds, Ro36, Ro16, Ro8 + Ro4, and Grand Finals" by the tourney host.

3 comments:

  1. Wait LOL when did you get so pro at making banners? Dude these are so legit (esp the last two senior destinations ones, they're so cute). :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did you get that picture of bob latham?

    wow your last banner is even more pro than renjie's.

    i salute your banner-making skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clearly Photoshop's might cannot match the power of MS Paint.

    On an unrelated note, @Luke: Oh so that is who that person is? I didn't know lol.

    ReplyDelete